UKC

Short family treks in Morocco recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lex 04 Nov 2018

Hi all,

My partner, myself and two 13 year old yoof are going to Morocco for a month over December. Amongst other things, we're looking at a short trek (3 ish days) somewhere interesting. Given it will be winter, it can't be high up and it must be flat enough not two put off two teenagers. Something like a village to village trek in the valleys will be good, and probably south of the Atlas to be a bit warmer. Exact location can be flexible as we're travelling around a bit anyway.

Any suggestions for areas / particular treks / guides or companies will be gratefully received.

Cheers, Lex

Removed User 04 Nov 2018
In reply to lex:

Try Marc Gallagher. He lives out in Morocco when he is not guiding in the Alps.

email: marcofthehills@gmail.com

http://wildgooseadventure.com/

OP lex 04 Nov 2018
In reply to Removed UserMike Rhodes:

Thanks Mike, I'll send him an email.

Cheers, Lex

Kees 05 Nov 2018
In reply to lex:

Have a look at the valley of the Dades gorge. I only rode through in the car but it looked like prime hiking terrain. I understand several organisations choose it for hiking hollidays.

Nice to combine with Todra gorge, also nice place for some walking and climbing of course. The shop Vertical aventure rents out all materials and I had a nice day climbing with one of their guides.

OP lex 05 Nov 2018
In reply to Kees:

Thanks for the tip.

I have thought if we're passing Todra I'd like to take myself off climbing g for a day, so will look up VA. 

Dades looks good too (from the web) so will check it out.

Cheers, Lex

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...