UKC

what to call difficult children part 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 subtle 12 Nov 2018

Ok, further to my recent thread 

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/off_belay/what_to_call_difficult_children...

where I used the term wayward individuals when dealing with certain behavior how should one react when one of the little darlings concerned then proceeded to go round and spit, yes spit, in some of his team mates soup yesterday after games?

Please help me out on this matter as I will need to deal with it again at training this week, sigh.

In reply to subtle:

Banned ?

Timmd 12 Nov 2018
In reply to subtle:

What The Wild Scallion said. Before that, I might be tempted to when he has some soup in front of him, put him on the spot and ask him how he'd feel if the rest of the group spat in his soup before he ate it. I might be tempted to get people to hush before asking him that. We apparently don't process negative engrams in our minds, meaning that when we think to ourselves 'Don't panic' the only word which sticks is 'panic', he needs to be led (nudged) towards having some more empathy. 

Edit: In my Forest Schools course the ethos might have been against him being on the spot in front of other children, but I'd definitely ask him how he'd feel, towards possibly stopping him turning into so much of a shit when he's an adult.  

Post edited at 13:34
 Toerag 12 Nov 2018
In reply to subtle:

Rip his head off and spit down his neck.

Timmd 12 Nov 2018
In reply to Toerag:

Shortly before she retired from teaching, my late Mum got annoying boy who had been poking other children with pencils, to stand still so that a little girl could poke him back. My Dad joked that she might have poked him in the eye and said 'Mrs D told me to do it , she possibly retired just in time.

Edit: The little girl was gentle apparently...

Post edited at 14:01
XXXX 12 Nov 2018
In reply to subtle:

Why don't you just follow your behaviour management policy?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...