UKC

Scarpa Vision

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

About 6 years ago there was a post bemoaning the end of the Scarpa Vision and a number of posters, like me, agreed because they found it offered a really good combination of comfort and performance. I dug out my Visions yesterday, which I have previously preserved for special occasions, for a trip to the wall (where most of my climbing is done these days). It seemed stupid to leave them in the dark just because I might not be able to replace them with anything as good especially given that Scarpas are usually well enough made to stand up to multiple resoles from the excellent Llanberis Resoles. They looked hopelessly old-fashioned and were strangely easy to put on and comfortable. Maybe it was just a good day but they worked as well as I remembered them and I had the best session for a long time. They were so comfortable I could have walked home in them if they weren't so precious.

Have any Vision devotees found a replacement that matches it? I have a preference for Italian made shoes (for quality reasons) with leather upper and laces which gives me the best chance of accommodating my difficult feet (broad with a high instep). I have Testarossas which are good but ought to and don't out-perform the Visions easily. I wore out a sole before they started to become tolerably comfortable. My red Scarpa Instinct lace-ups are a disappointment feeling too stiff and insensitive. I haven't rated the 5 10s I have had (most don't fit) and the Red Chillis and Boreals have been no better than OK.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...