UKC

Ice axe and crampons on Jet2 airline? 2018.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JoelPatchitt 14 Dec 2018

I’m flying to Spain from Stansted airport tomorrow.

Just rang the jet2 airline to see if I can take my ice axe and crampons in the checked in baggage and they said probably not but it’s worth a try... 

I assume his manager said he didn’t know, but told the guy to say no anyway to cover their asses.

Has anyone experienced problems with jet2 when transporting this stuff, and if I do run into problems is there anything I can say to let them know that these goods are OK when stored in the hold?

Post edited at 18:27
 Neil Williams 14 Dec 2018
In reply to JoelPatchitt:

It will be fine to put those in the hold, just put them inside your bag and don't mention them unless they specifically ask about them.  I have never heard of a problem with putting those items in the hold of an aircraft, and it's not Jet2 who will be looking at the x-ray, it's the airport staff.

Do not attempt to carry them on, they will be confiscated as they are fairly lethal weapons.

Post edited at 18:09
OP JoelPatchitt 14 Dec 2018
In reply to Neil Williams:

Thanks for you help, if anyone else has an opinion would love to here from them.

mrphilipoldham 14 Dec 2018
In reply to JoelPatchitt:

As above, they’ll be fine in the checked baggage. People can transport guns in the hold so your pointy bits will be fine. As said above, it’s not really up to the airline, it’ll be ground staff x-raying them and they’ve probably seen them hundreds of times before. 

Neil Williams 14 Dec 2018
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

This utterly terribly worded page on their website:

https://www.jet2.com/faqs/baggage/#gsc.tab=0

says only banned in carry-on.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...