UKC

Dmm alpine harness for trad...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackscottadair 25 Jan 2019

Hey guys new to the site. Recently went through a trad course and hoping to go out tomorrow. I've picked up a 2nd hand rack etc. 

Only issue I have the rack came with a dmm alpine harness, I have a correct trad climbing harness so I am hoping I can use the dmm harness as a spare for a secondary climber who doesn't have a harness.

As I am sure you may be aware the dmm harness only has a belay loop, no actually tie in. I know these harness aren't meant for trad just trying to make do with what I've got got atm.

I'm only planning some 9-15m climbs however struggling to find a safe way to tie in my secondary climber, of course I don't want to just tie him in on the belay loop. 

Is there a safer acceptable alternative? I have a chest harness to go with it. Or maybe tie in through the leg loop then belay?

Lurking Dave 25 Jan 2019
In reply to Jackscottadair:

IF the harness is in good condition - then just tie in to the belay loop. (https://dmmclimbing.com/DMMWales/Media/ProductInstructions/harnesses-en-fr-...

LD

DaveHK 25 Jan 2019

That big yellow loop is both belay loop and tie in. That's how the harness is designed so tie into that.

Cheers guys. Yeah I did check dmm instructors thought it might defer for trad, just wanted to make sure ( I don't know much about alpining!) . I'm sure you guys understand the concern I had considering tieing in belay loop is usually a big no no with trad harness. Just wanted to make sure

The harness is in good condition anyway, should do for a while. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...