UKC

PRESS RELEASE: Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival and Big Mountain Weekend Return

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 28 Feb 2019
Want to learn or advance your outdoor and mountain skills or try something completely new?

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

A great weekend to go elsewhere and a list of routes to avoid. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

Simon Caldwell 28 Feb 2019
In reply to Presley Whippet:

I've participates in previous years, and have never seen anyone else on any of the routes (excluding the ones that are trade routes so will have queues in any case). The vegetation on one of them showed that it hadn't been climbed at all for many months, possibly longer.

The thing that put me off last year and will put me off again this year is the need to collect a route card from one of the shops in advance - not really feasible if you're visiting from elsewhere.

In reply to Presley Whippet:

Do you have an auto-generator for these sorts of comments? For what it's worth, I preferred your post from last year - there's a bit more suspense.

Fantastic! Looks to be a great weekend. 

To go elsewhere

On the flip-side I'd like to offer a shout to Katy Whittaker, who rather than sit behind her keyboard writing cynical remarks online has actually gone out to organise an event that introduces people to the outdoors, encourages people to explore an area, encourage best practise, and most of all - have fun. If that isn't enough, she's managed to achieve this whilst being heavily pregnant (she's due next week).

Still, big up to the man that can nay-say online - where would we be without him...

Post edited at 13:57
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Hi Simon,

I just brought this up with Katy, who offered the following words of wisdom:

"You can download / print them from the website before, or fill them in at the shop after climbing (so you don’t strictly have to pick one up before going out climbing). That said, if you want a freebie you'd have to visit the shop after climbing. If not then it doesn’t really matter about filling one in. The shops are George Fisher and Needle Sports in Keswick and the Sticklebarn in Langdale."

Here's a link to the relevant page: http://www.arcteryxlakelandrevival.com/lakeland-revival/route-cards/

Hope that helps!

Post edited at 17:11
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Aw my very own cyber stalker, how sweet. Xx

Simon Caldwell 28 Feb 2019
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Excellent, it was the "before" bit that was a pain!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...