UKC

Favourite Setting Format - Bouldering walls

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Billymo 12 Jul 2019

Afternoon all,

My two local walls have a very different approach to setting their bouldering walls. One does a complete strip and reset of all the wall over two days, the other sets 4 or 5 routes at a time on one section of wall, leaving the rest open for any climbers.

Personally, I prefer the setting at wall 2, which could be completely down to who the setter is/are, but I also think the setters at wall 1 have to rush to set a whole wall in 48 hours, which can't help the creative process.

I'd be interested to know what peoples preferred methods are? Or do you think there is a better way to set?

Post edited at 14:55
 petegunn 12 Jul 2019
In reply to Billymo:

Eden Rock does a rolling resetting of their circuits so you get a new set every week. They have 8 coloured circuits and a wooden one so there's something new every week. Each circuit normally has between 25/35 problems. Take down and washed then reset the next day. Excellent setting

plyometrics 12 Jul 2019
In reply to Billymo:

My preferred format is the one where they build something in Bendcrete, then leave it alone for about 20 years. 

In reply to petegunn:

> Eden Rock does a rolling resetting of their circuits so you get a new set every week. They have 8 coloured circuits and a wooden one so there's something new every week. Each circuit normally has between 25/35 problems. Take down and washed then reset the next day. Excellent setting

Brilliant wall, great circuit board too. And dogs are welcome!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...