UKC

Best 7c routes in Verdon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Planning a trip to Verdon in Spring next year and looking for some projects around the 7c grade.

We want long multi-pitch routes. Something really good quality. 

I don't have a guide book yet but want something to get psyched for. 

Any recommendations and why? 

Josh

Dandan 18 Jul 2019
In reply to Josh Hadley - Lattice Training:

You want to have a chat with Alan Carne http://alanduverdon.com/ the Verdon is his stomping ground and 7c is right up his street.

MischaHY 19 Jul 2019

The obvious suggestion is Pichenibule (Free) (7c) with one 7c pitch in the middle of hundreds of metres of glorious wall climbing. 

I'm also going to include Alix Punk de Vergons (7b) because I've heard it's very hard for 7b(+) and massively worthwhile. 

Ayahuasca (7c) is also supposed to be decent and it's possibly fair to assume the first 7b+ may also feel like 7c elsewhere! 

As mentioned above though Alan is the man and is also back in the game now after a long recovery from a bad leg break - get in touch! 

Post edited at 08:33

It looks like El Topo is classic at 8a. Lots of hard pitches and good length route too.

Although I feel with possibly a short trip its worth while getting accustom to the style of climbing there on something easier. It will be a first for multi-pitch sport of that caliber. 

Alix Punk looks mega!

The plan is to take a ledge and spend some time on the wall in red-point style. Training for bigger objectives in the future. 

MischaHY 19 Jul 2019

El Topo is the perfect mini big wall although bear in mind it'll be hard to climb before 2pm if the temperatures are unseasonably high. I was planning on trying it last September but decided against it due to temps amongst other things. Looks brilliant, although don't underestimate just how hard those pitches are! 

In reply to MischaHY:

Yes agreed, maybe worth checking out El Topo for a future trip but i'm not going to make it the major objective yet. 

The routes you suggested sound great. Ayahuasca 7c is exactly the type of route i'm looking for

The name suggests a memorable experience

MischaHY 20 Jul 2019

Yeah absolutely man, just wanted to say! Have a great time. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...