UKC

DMM Viper Harness clip repair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bitdirector 15 Dec 2019

Hi all, 

Can anyone offer any advise please, I managed to break the small plastic clip on my viper harness that attaches the leg loops, pic here https://imgur.com/a/Vi1rrIp

Has anyone repaired this before? Doesn't seem possible to get the clip off without breaking as the sewn bit doesn't fit through. If not self repairable would DMM repair this, any idea on costs?

Would be a waste to throw the harness on such a small thing

Cheers

Wil Treasure 16 Dec 2019
In reply to bitdirector:

DMM don't manufacture their own harnesses, so I doubt they have the means to repair them. If you don't need it fully extended you could cut the stitching off, replace and restitch, you'd only lose an inch.

Personally I'd probably just superglue it in place, I've never actually used the drop seat in 20 years of climbing.

Post edited at 00:17
OP bitdirector 16 Dec 2019
In reply to Wil Treasure:

Thanks for the response, I had 0 idea what they were actually for until you said drop seat and a quick Google... Safe to say I never have and probably never will need that feature. I'll probably see if someone can sew it cheers, just got to find a suitable replacement 

jezb1 16 Dec 2019
In reply to bitdirector:

Give them a call. I had a client this year who popped in to DMM and they replaced the clip for free in about two minutes using a special tool (spoiler alert, it’s a paper clip!)

Post edited at 07:41
In reply to jezb1:

I broke the male part of the leg loop clip on my harness, contacted DMM who sent complete spares by return of post. As the clip is non-load bearing it is easy to adapt the female half so it also be replaced. 

OP bitdirector 21 Dec 2019
In reply to bitdirector:

For anyone else with this issue I emailed DMM and was told it's user replaceable and they sent out a new buckle for free (very kind) and tips for installing it (break old one off with pliers, with new one thread elastic through a little and hook a paperclip round it, then grab the paper clip with pliers and pull)

Cheers all  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...