UKC

Cantabria and Asturias sport (Roca verde) in may?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SFrancis 26 Feb 2020

Deciding where to go for a 10 days or so in may. Really like the idea of staying on the coast and climbing on the sport crags in the Roca verde area of northern Spain (Cantabria and Asturias)  Rumenes (Hermida Gorge North) etc... routes from 6a-7c. Is May a suitable time for this? 

orejas 26 Feb 2020
In reply to SFrancis:

In reply to SFrancis:

May should be Ok for Asturias if you think is OK for climbing in say Cornwall or Devon. It is green "verde" for a reason. If you are going for 10 days, you should be absolutely fine, but you might miss a day or two due to rain. By the way, it would be the same any other time of the year.

Plenty of rock in the Picos for you to go, and plenty of options for hill walking or popping over to the coast if the weather is not great

Joaquin (born in Asturias)

silhouette 27 Feb 2020
In reply to SFrancis:

This question is asked quite a lot.  I would definitely go for it.  If you do get a spell of rain it's not that far to relocate for a few days to the southern side of the mountains into Leon,  which is covered in the same guide book.  

OP SFrancis 27 Feb 2020
In reply to orejas:

Cheers for the reply. I would say its perfect for Cornwall / Devon, I think I'll invest in the book and have  a look.

OP SFrancis 27 Feb 2020
In reply to silhouette:

Excellent, cheers for the reply

dominic o 29 Feb 2020
In reply to SFrancis:

We had a superb month of unbroken sunshine in Roca Verde in October a couple of years ago which should be similar to May. I'd certainly recommend the area as very well worth the visit, and be sure to check out Teverga as well as the crags nearer the Picos. Superb!

https://rockaroundtheworld.co.uk/2016/10/22/a-month-of-roca-verde/

OP SFrancis 02 Mar 2020
In reply to dominic o:

Cheers for the reply. I have subscribed to your blog for awhile I should of guessed you had been there. Keep up the good work. 

dominic o 03 Mar 2020
In reply to SFrancis:

Thanks! That's good to know  

Cheers, Dom 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...