UKC

LS Katana Velcro – Newest Model v Previous

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dh4096 02 Mar 2020

The usual online stores now only stock the new model (model '20L' on the La Sportiva site, versus old model '226' - if those are indeed model designations).

It looks like they've added twenty grams of branding to the Velcro tabs and marked up the price for the honour of advertising for them. The new ones are specced 'low volume' while the old old ones are specced 'medium fit'.

Question: Has anyone here regularly using the previous model bought a pair of the new model, and if so was the sizing/comfort/stretch consistent? Any issues with the new model apart from the eye-watering price?

Thanks,

Donald

Iamgregp 02 Mar 2020
In reply to dh4096:

I've had had numerous pairs of the old model, and when I switched to the new was advised by somebody else to go half a size down as they reckoned newer model is a bit bigger.  Anyone else been told the same?

I ignored them and stayed at the same size as they felt plenty tight to me when fresh out the box, but they do seem to stretch a bit more than the old ones. However I'm not averse to that, they're designed to be a pretty comfy all rounder shoe anyway.

New model seems fine , I think the velcro fastening works a little better.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...