UKC

Radio 4 Today This Morning

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I am trying to avoid too much of this stuff but the Today program is usually the way I start the day still.

I got drawn into listening to this interview - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0892rr0

For anyone who doubts the devastation this virus is causing, it is worth a listen. For anyone who has relatives who are ill, I would suggest you give it a miss.

Alan

Harry Jarvis 09 Apr 2020
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

I too listened to it this morning over breakfast and was in tears by the end of it. Quite how the woman managed to talk with such control, as she laid bare the circumstances of her husband's condition and the impact it was having on her family, was beyond me.

One can only hope for the best possible outcome, but one fears the worst. 

Red Rover 09 Apr 2020

Thanks. The whole thing is grim. I worry about India and Africa as well. 

monkey man 10 Apr 2020
In reply to Red Rover:

Agreed 

Timmd 10 Apr 2020
In reply to Harry Jarvis: Is that the wife and mother with the diabetic husband who they thought was going to die and then hung on/is hanging on? I heard that too, it was very moving.

Rigid Raider 11 Apr 2020

Does anybody have any news on the poor chap?

tjdodd 11 Apr 2020

Written article here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52227755

I was hoping they would have an update but doesn't look like it so hopefully no news is good news.

TobyA 11 Apr 2020
In reply to tjdodd:

I read the written version too before hearing her interview repeated on Newscast. Just heartbreaking. The kids are about the age of my older two, you just feel terrible for them. One of the doctors who has died although in his, I think, late 50s had quite young kids also. Just so sad.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...