UKC

Climbing shoe size advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hubball 23 Jul 2020

Hello

I've just received some Boreal Lynx shoes, size UK 8.5. I am a size 9 normal, and have been climbing in La Sportiva size 7. The Boreals are too small - I can't even get them on! I'm going to return them and get a larger size but not sure whether to go a half or full size up. (I live in Cornwall and no shops nearby where I can try them on so am relying on mail order). Any insights appreciated before I re-order.  

In reply to Hubball:

I'd give the Banana Fingers shoe size thingy a whirl!

It's normally pretty accurate.

Hubball 23 Jul 2020
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Thanks for your reply. I did use it before buying and it came out to 8.5 based on the la sportivas I've been wearing. I tried it both ways (based my current climbing shoe and street footwear) and it came out 8.5, although that was for 'super-snug' fit based off street footwear size, but as I mentioned, I can't even get the 8.5s on. Thinking perhaps I should go up a whole size because half a size increase would probably be extremely tight, just seems a bit strange to be that far out.

RobertKett 23 Jul 2020
In reply to Hubball:

I live in a rural area and appreciate the problem. Maybe order two sizes, and return the least-suitable pair? I've done this occasionally with stuff. A courtesy email/phone call to the retailer to check that they're happy to do that is a good move; and they may be able to offer additional advice. BTW 'super-snug' sounds painful to me

Hope you get sorted.

Anoetic 23 Jul 2020
In reply to Hubball:

Also don’t forget certain shoes just won’t be compatible with the shape of your foot...even a larger size may not work out...

Hubball 23 Jul 2020
In reply to RobertKett:

Thanks very much. Yeah, that's a good shout.

Hubball 23 Jul 2020
In reply to Anoetic:

Yeah, good point. They seem pretty good around the toes (I've got wide feet), but couldn't get my heel down so hopefully a bit of a bigger size might be ok. 

Cobra_Head 23 Jul 2020
In reply to Hubball:

Size 12s should be OK

In reply to Hubball:

If you can't get them on go up at least a size. Half a size will be agony

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...