UKC

La Sportiva Skwama Sizing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kahti 25 Jul 2020

Need to get myself a new pair of shoes and have tried on Skwamas awhile ago and loved them, but stupidly didn't buy them then and don't remember what size I tried! Unfortunately can't get to a shop easily to try so was wondering if anyone who has a pair can give me an idea of what size to try and order.

I'm a street size 42 and have really wide forefeet. Have had Solutions in a 41 which were super snug to the point of slightly too tight. Scarpa Vapour Vs, the old green ones, in a 42 which were perfect for comfort but could be a tad tighter for performance, and Tenaya Iatis in a 41.5 which started out perfect but stretched out to slightly too big (and smelt like death). Looking for a "do it all" fit with a slight emphasis on bouldering, so tight enough i'd probably want to take them off between pitches on a trad route but not between every attempt on a boulder problem. Am thinking to try a 41 but have heard many size them smaller than other shoes?

Any insight much appreciated!

Cheers

C4T 25 Jul 2020
In reply to Kahti:

My women's Skwamas were the same size as the womens solutions, but after having them resoled a couple of times, they are a little too big (I'd say half a size) though that is with a couple of years wear! If the solutions were too snug, maybe go down half a size for skwamas?

Have you tried the shoe size calculator on the bananafingers store? I've always found it quite accurate

OP Kahti 25 Jul 2020
In reply to C4T:

Awesome thanks, that shoe size calculator is super helpful! Sounds like 40.5 might be the way to go! Which actually kinda rings a bell I think when I tried them on there was only 40 and 41 in shop and I thought 40.5 would be ideal. I have a stupid difference in size between my left and right feet so it's always a balancing act anyway!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...