UKC

Old Model Scarpa SLs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Toccata 24 Aug 2020

Having walked blister-free for 25 years through 5 pairs of SLs the latest incarnation don't fit. Or rather they did in the shop but when walking on any slope they wear the skin off the heel. I've done about 200 miles in them on the flat and things are getting worse. My latest trip to Outside was unrewarding and nothing felt comfortable.

Is there anywhere where you can pick up old model SLs? I've tried eBay, googling etc to no avail. 

In reply to Toccata:

If your interested in used, and are size 45, I have an older model pair that are in great condition. Bought at the time as a back up to another SL pair I used. Only used them a few times on short walks after buying to confirm they were still a good fit for me. Otherwise been stored in their box.

An alternative you could consider, though not ideal as fit still same, is Engo blister heel patches which reduce friction. I’ve used these in other footwear where heel friction was caused by fit problems. They stick to the boot/shoe and last several hundred miles. 

Anyway, hope you find what your after. Scarpa SL were my go to boot for decades.

Guy Hurst 24 Aug 2020
In reply to Toccata:

The Scarpa Delta boots are very similar to the old SLs. They're a little bit less heavy duty, but not by much, and I think can still be found in a leather lined version.

Run_Ross_Run 24 Aug 2020
In reply to Toccata:

Hi. What size are you? Have the wide box 46's (I think). They are about 15 years old and the version before the articulated ankle collar thing (whatever it's called). 

OP Toccata 24 Aug 2020
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

Thanks all for replies.

As it turns out I am 46 BX. Could you PM some pics?

Run_Ross_Run 24 Aug 2020
In reply to Toccata:

Hi. 

OK, I'll double check when I get back later and forward pics. Not sure what condition you're after as they've had a good innings look pretty worn.

They are the M3 versions apparently. 

Post edited at 13:13
OP Toccata 24 Aug 2020
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

I've got a couple of long-in-the-tooth pairs still lying around so I can get by for then next few trips. If the condition's OK then I'll have a look but if the sole/upper is past it then don't worry. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...