UKC

UK Autumn/Winter micro adventures

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rockwing 28 Oct 2020

Looking for [non-climbing] micro-adventure ideas for me and Mrs. Wing over the dark months. 

We live on the south coast in a tier-1 area and I'm in need of some inspiration for things to do at weekends as we both work long hours and find ourselves at a bit of a loose end by Saturday morning. We're both in our thirties, no kids and they don't have to be energetic activities. Much obliged!

dunnyg 28 Oct 2020
In reply to rockwing:

Canoe trip, cave, surf, mtb, paddleboard, orienteering.

bouldery bits 28 Oct 2020
In reply to rockwing:

Bike packing.

Backpack and wild camp - from the front door.

Welsh Kate 28 Oct 2020
In reply to rockwing:

Stand-up Paddleboard. Can be relaxing or energetic as preference and conditions dictate.

Kemics 28 Oct 2020
In reply to rockwing:

1 x bivi per month, no excuses, rain or shine. Find a cool beach, forest, sea cliff, field, middle of a round about to settle down in the bivi bag for a night.

I had great fun going tubing. Go to a garage and buy two large inner tubes, ideally for a tractor. Super inflate them and then float down a section of river. Need 2 cars and drop one at part of the river you exit. Also would need a thick winter wet suit

london_huddy 28 Oct 2020
In reply to rockwing:

We just had a fun weekend finding wild boar in the Forest of Dean - would recommend that. We're in the same sort of boat and tend to default to mountain biking (always decent this time of the year) and then the odd bivi as well, usually New Forest, South Downs way.

Philip 28 Oct 2020
In reply to rockwing:

Canal boat.

Misha 29 Oct 2020
In reply to rockwing:

Attempting to survive Covid seems like a major adventure in its own right. Why get on an E-something when you can run the risk of death by going to the supermarket?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...