UKC

Yangshou climbing festival

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gravy 18 Mar 2021

Anyone know (or care to speculate) whether the Yangshou climbing festival will go ahead this year?

I the next important question is will you be able to get there from the UK (and would it be remotely sensible to go from a COVID point of view)?

I'm not so bothered about the festival per se, more interested in it as a barometer of progress towards a post-COVID world.

Jon Read 18 Mar 2021
In reply to gravy:

Good luck getting a Sinovac (chinese) vaccine!

In reply to gravy:

It went ahead last year, so more than likely to happen this year. Climbers were travelling and climbing from March 2020 onwards with no worries - and other climbing festivals took place in Guizhou, Shigu etc.

Very much doubt you would get a China tourist visa - and if you did, you have to do 2 weeks quarantine in a hotel then another 14 days locally.

Plus as Jon Read said -  they have recently said only people vaccinated with Sinovac can enter the country - which you can't get.

I'm hoping to be there for next years!

OP gravy 19 Mar 2021
In reply to Jonathan Lagoe - UKC:

Fingers crossed for 22 then!

climbercool 20 Mar 2021
In reply to gravy:

The festival went ahead just like normal this year and at no point in 2020 did climbing in Yangshuo stop, even in Janurary/Febuary people were climbing.  Most of China didn't really have many restrictions last year, for example the metro in Beijing never closed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...