UKC

Bivvy bag advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gwinn512 01 Apr 2021

I'm in the market for a bivvy bag, for mainly two types of scenarios:

• hiking, the forecast is good, but might be windy, or small chance of rain/snow, so not quite "sleep in just a sleeping bag" weather
  • alpine climbing, when weight is important and comfort secondary, and a tent is not quite needed or feasible

To add to this, I already have a fairly light tent for backpacking when rain / bad weather is expected, I'll be taking that, especially if not going solo. So not really looking for a tent replacement, rather something to bridge that gap.

What sort of category / price point should I be looking at? Any particular tips for models / brands?

Cameron_S 01 Apr 2021
In reply to Gwinn512:

I would have a look at the alpkit bivvy bags they have a couple depending on how much you arer willing to spend.

For alpine climbing I would get the Alpkit Kloke which weighs 265g, its waterproof/breathable but not exactly plush as it doesnt have any way to keep the fabric off your face in the rain/snow. RRP £129.99.

If thats a bit steep price wise, you can get the Alpkit Hunka XL (the non XL version will be tight with a 4 season bag) which weights 500g, waterproof/breathable. Again very basic but it does the job. RRP £64.99

Hope that is of some use,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...