UKC

Totem Basic Cams - Will we see them again?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin Hore 26 Oct 2021

I have the red and yellow Totem Basics (the ones modelled on Aliens). An aged green (US made) Alien completes my current set of small cams. I've searched for quite a while for a green Totem Basic to replace the old Alien but with no luck. There's now no mention of the Totem Basic on the Totem web-site.  Will we ever see them again? I find them the best small cams to use that I've ever had.

Have Totem stopped making them because they didn't sell (which doesn't seem likely) or was there a concern about their safety? I remember there was a recall at some point but only of a few batches.

Is anyone on here in the know?

Martin

MischaHY 27 Oct 2021
In reply to Martin Hore:

From what I understand the machine for making them is broken and they can't afford to fix it. Probably best to consider Dragonflys or Zero Friends which are excellent alternatives. 

In reply to Martin Hore:

I highly doubt we will see them again any time soon. 

Tigger 29 Oct 2021
In reply to Martin Hore:

Qe have a mixed set of Totem Basics and Alien Revolutions. Whilst not as refined looking as Dragonflys the Revolutions are good cams and follow the same colour/sizing as the Totems.

OP Martin Hore 29 Oct 2021
In reply to Tigger:

Who are Qe? Are they a supplier? I can't find them on-line. The only relevant entry I could find is a school climbing wall - rather a good one by the look of it.

Martin

HeMa 29 Oct 2021
In reply to Martin

I think it’s a type qe is we

Tigger 29 Oct 2021
In reply to Martin Hore:

Em, sorry about that...

*We have a mixed set of...

goodbenso 31 Oct 2021
In reply to Martin Hore:

Just try out Dragonflys. It's the best alternative for Totem. You may likely not be able to see green Totem Basics again. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...