UKC

Mountain Equipment Mission Pant - Poor Quality

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ApeNamedJoe 07 Dec 2021
Thread moved from Hilltalk to Gear

A while back I bought the Mountain Equipment Mission Pant, and initially liked them a lot. But after using them only about 6 times, and washing them twice they are a complete mess of bobbles. They seem very poor quality. The fabric seems to be wearing very quickly, and I've only used them for a bit of hiking.

Has anyone else experienced this with their pair? Are ME products normally such poor quality?

Thanks

Hard Hawk 07 Dec 2021
In reply to ApeNamedJoe:

Probably just nuked them with the washing machine, mine have been bombproof over 2 seasons winter climbing/scrambling

storm-petrel 07 Dec 2021
In reply to ApeNamedJoe:

> Are ME products normally such poor quality?

In my experience, no. I don't have any experience of the trousers you mention but I am sitting here wearing a pair of ME Chamois pants. I have two pairs of these. Apart from work and the odd occasion that requires smart wear I pretty much live in these trousers. I wear them for anything from crawling over beaches photographing birds to climbing mountains in the dark in winter conditions to sitting on the sofa looking at the internet. They are almost indestructable and extremely comfortable.

JStearn 08 Dec 2021
In reply to ApeNamedJoe:

I wash them on a low heat and they haven't bobbled. I also live in these trousers, although I don't wash them super frequently. The only negative I have is that the high wear fabric (on seat and knees) seems less durable than the rest of the trouser? It is less stretchy and all tears have been in these areas.

OP ApeNamedJoe 09 Dec 2021
In reply to Hard Hawk:

They have never been in a washing machine, only gently hand-washed twice.

OP ApeNamedJoe 09 Dec 2021
In reply to JStearn:

I'm glad yours have held up. I'll send them back to ME and see what they say. I have been told by an owner on Facebook he had the same issue, and ME replaced them and advised a batch had an issue with the fabric used. Hopefully ME are as understanding with me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...