UKC

Android offline map sector links not working - Cuttings Boulder Field

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 druss 17 Jan 2022

Hi

On Android the Cuttings offline map hyperlinks to specific boulders is not working, but the sector link works.  On my Apple iPad the the offline maps for Cuttings Boulder field all the links do work.

A couple of other people I spoke with had the same.  I assume it is a bug as all the links work for Peak bouldering guide.

In reply to druss:

Hi Druss,

I'll get my iOS device charged and compare it with that. I think one of the crag flags seems to be directing me to the wrong buttress, but I am unfamiliar with the area, so I'm not 100% sure.

I'll look into what may be causing that though.

Are there particular markers that are not working for you, or are they all off?

Cheers,
Martin

OP druss 17 Jan 2022
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

> Hi Druss,

> I'll get my iOS device charged and compare it with that. I think one of the crag flags seems to be directing me to the wrong buttress, but I am unfamiliar with the area, so I'm not 100% sure.

> I'll look into what may be causing that though.

> Are there particular markers that are not working for you, or are they all off?

> Cheers,

> Martin

Thanks Martin

The area (buttress?) links go to the correct guidebook section, but the sector area links are dead.  Hopefully the terminology is correct.

To reproduce 

In offline map click Block Road Area which takes you to the beginning of the area.

Return to offline map and click any sector link in Block Road Area.  Nothing happens.  This behaviour is consistent for all sectors in each area.

Hopefully it’s as clear as mud.  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...