UKC

What constitutes a ‘criminal’ offence?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 09 Feb 2022

Is breaking covid rules a criminal offence? Am I a criminal if a get a fixed penalty for such an offence? 

broken spectre 09 Feb 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> Is breaking covid rules a criminal offence? Am I a criminal if a get a fixed penalty for such an offence? 

Yes and also yes.

In reply to Rog Wilko:

You are Boris Johnson, and I claim my £5...?

Jon Stewart 09 Feb 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

A FPN is given for breaking the law, so I guess that yes it is a criminal offence but it does not result in a 'criminal conviction'. Criminal convictions are recorded on a criminal record and checked by CRB/DBS.

broken spectre 09 Feb 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Add on top of that the staggering levels hypocrisy of repeatedly breaking the rules that he himself imposed on sixty million people so he and his chums could get p*ssed, you don't just chuck the book at him - you fire a library at him out of a canon!

CantClimbTom 10 Feb 2022
In reply to Rog Wilko:

For you: Yes, yes, not quite

it is a criminal offence, yes fixed penalty, no not really a criminal or if so only for a split second, as the sentence (fixed penalty) is immediately spent.

There are some fairly exotic circumstances where you'd have to declare that as a conviction, but that's extreme/exceptionally rare

But if you mean the blonde one: my answer is no, no, don't remember, sorry  what was your question?

"Nobody is above the law" but some people always manage to dodge sideways

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...