UKC

Recommend me a new bath

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 10 Feb 2022

The bath we have is perfectly usable, but has quite angled sides, so the bottom of it is quite narrow. It's also double-ended, so not ideal for using the shower.

We're looking to replace it with something with steeper sides.

I really like the look of the Bette Ocean in terms of shape, but it's a bit out of budget:

https://www.my-bette.com/en/product/baths/betteocean?variant=BW_0170

Does anyone know of anything similar, but more affordable - looking around £400, but could go a bit more if necessary.

For preference - and where the Bette also scores well - we need the overflow and plug half-way along the side, rather than at the end, as that will save me messing around moving the existing plumbing.

We did find a really nice Carron bath, but it's a bit too high to fit under the existing tiling - max height is 565mm, iirc.

Thanks in advance.

Pedro50 10 Feb 2022
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Showers 🚿 are your friend. 

Dax H 11 Feb 2022
In reply to LastBoyScout:

The last bath we bought was cracking. It was a steel bath from the B&Q. Nice and deep and well shaped with a steep slope that for me was perfectly angled. When I installed it I put loft insulation round it and it held the heat for a long time.

Taps and plug were at the end though. Also for some inexplicable reason it was £300 cheaper to buy a bathroom set of bath, toilet and sink than buying the bath on its own for exactly the same bath. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...