UKC

Bosch dishwasher help please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Posted here because no self respecting climber would sacrifice their skin to washing pots. 

Bosch dishwasher of unknown vintage, advantixx model. It keeps thinking the door is open when closed, timer LEDs go from solid to flashing, pushing door in resumes programme. This is an intermittent problem, sometimes works fine, sometimes stops once, sometimes more than once. This morning, it is stopping every minute (it was put on before bed, flashing 34 mins when I got up). 

I have already cleaned the seals and replaced the door catch, this gave brief respite before the problem reoccurred.

Any ideas or is it time for a new one?

Are bosch dishwashers still "good" or should I look elsewhere? 

Andy Hardy 21 Mar 2022
In reply to Presley Whippet:

Based on absolutely zero experience with domestic appliances I would say there is a "door closed" switch that has reached the end of it's life. Getting a replacement and then replacing it might turn into a mission.

In reply to Andy Hardy:

Already done that, easy job but don't want to be doing it every 2 months. 

Hooo 21 Mar 2022

Definitely sounds like a door switch to me. I have no experience of Bosch, but if they are anything like AEG then obtaining and fitting spare parts will be straightforward. I can still get parts for my 16 year old appliances.

If you do a bit of Googling with the model number and "door switch" you will probably find other people have the same issue, and there's a good chance there will be a YouTube video of how to replace it.

Andy Hardy 21 Mar 2022

Ok, 2nd guess. To stop everything if the door is opened, the door switch pulls in a relay, which is on its death bed. 

magma 21 Mar 2022

a friend's new Bosch washing machine kept stopping mid cycle. turned out to be a blockage in a filter at the end of the drain pipe causing shutdown.. maybe worth investigating?

In reply to magma:

Thanks, its worth a look, drainage issues usually throw up an e24 error message. (experience from a previous dw) 

Kemics 21 Mar 2022

If there's no error code then seems like it has to be either the switch/sensor or the wiring circuit. Assuming it's closing absolutely flush, is it possible the door got bent slightly by something heavy landing on it while open or gunge/grit in the hinges preventing it closing fully and so the switch is only partially depressed, then the cleaning cycle pops the door slightly open? 

I recently followed a youtube tutorial for replacing my bosch dishwash sump and gasket, it was all really modular so you should be able to find the missing part you need online for <£40  

I still think Bosch are excellent diswashers. I recently bought a new dishwasher and got a Belling based on a ?which recommendation....and it was an absolute turd. Sent it back and replaced with another Bosch! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...