UKC

Prana Axiom jeans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulTanton 04 Apr 2022

Does anyone know where you can get Prana Axiom jeans in the UK?  ebay lists some but not in any normal climbing body sizes. Tall and skinny
thanks

stani 04 Apr 2022
In reply to PaulTanton:

Banana Fingers is where i get mine from.

Dont think they sell direct to UK. 

In reply to PaulTanton:

I used to be a big fan of the Axiom Jeans, but stopped using them as a result of how quickly they wore out.

In recent years I've favoured anything which features Cordura, as they seen to be infinitely more durable. Of those I've used the Alpkit Jeanius and/or Sequence are probably the best, and most reasonably priced. The Black Diamond Hot Forge Demin were also good, but had pretty poor quality stitching in/around the pockets, meaning that whilst the rest of them were in perfect conditions - the pockets had all but fallen apart.

Apologies for the unsolicited advice, but I reckon once you try the cordura based denim you'll never go back - it's leagues apart in terms of quality/durability.

OP PaulTanton 04 Apr 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Thanks Rob. I find Prana a good fit, when I can get them.

all climbing trousers, not pants (urrrrghhh) suffer from weak pockets. AK are probably the worst I’ve found. 
Kuhl are pretty good, but again hard to find 

In reply to PaulTanton:

What still amazes me is that after all these years, brands still fail to make the most simple of products.

Surely, in the 21st century, it's possible to make the perfect set of trousers?!?!

...or should I say pants...  

OP PaulTanton 04 Apr 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Can I correct you Rob? Pant

Andypeak 05 Apr 2022
In reply to PaulTanton:

Go outdoors stock them

joshtee25 06 Apr 2022
In reply to PaulTanton:

If you're skinny ish, alpkit are probably the way to go - they look like jeggings on me these days so have been retired!

The BD forged denim are awesome if you've got a bit more meat on your leg bones - agreed, the pockets got holes in eventually, but I stitched a strip of denim along the bottom, and they're perfectly functional again now - it seemed a terrible reason to stop wearing them! I now own 3 pairs - 2 for wearing in public, one (the more worn pair) for climbing in. 

My better half very much enjoys watching me climb in the BD jeans - take from that what you will!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...