UKC

Petit clocher du portalet Topo/recommendation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 islandlynx 08 Jul 2022

Hi all, anyone been here and have advice or a Topo is not in our Swiss guidebooks.

Petit Clocher du Portalet

thanks

Shane

jon 08 Jul 2022
In reply to islandlynx:

I've done, Le Chic, le Cheque et le Choc (6c) which frankly I wasn't overwhelmed by, and also Pilier Sud Est (6c) which was ace. The latter - which is surely the main event on that side of the clocher (the other being obviously Etat de choc around the corner) - was full of pegs when I did it but I believe they have been removed now and the route bolted, which can only have improved it. We did both from the first La Breya lift and, in the case of the SE Pillar got the last one down, but in the case of the Chic... missed it and had to walk down to Champex, which, if I'm honest, might have coloured the experience for me a tad.

Post edited at 12:33
 John Cuthbert 08 Jul 2022
In reply to islandlynx:

Le Clocher is an outstanding climbing destination. Relatively steady approach with doss spots at the base or lower down below the exceptional hut , though a bit chossy on the moraine approach. Relatively safe (compared to the horror shows on the Chamonix side) when i was last there, but some large blocks about. 

If you scroll through the route reports on the link below you will find multiple photos and topos. (There's also the odd good vid on Youtube for some of the harder routes..) Obviously the comments are in French but easily translated with google, or i'm happy to assist...

https://www.camptocamp.org/waypoints/40559/fr/petit-clocher-du-portalet

JC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...