UKC

Gwern Gof Uchaf - is booking needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Levy_danny 11 Aug 2022

Hi All, 

Hoping to get a last minutes day scrambling tomorrow and a morning of climbing on Saturday. It says you can book although I'm struggling to get through. Is it still okay to just turn up? I've not been since the pandemic.

Thanks

Dan

elliot.baker 11 Aug 2022
In reply to Levy_danny:

I go a few times a year (love it) and normally book on but last time it took me about 3 weeks before they picked up the phone, guess they're busy farmers. Considering how busy (not too busy) it was last time I went, and the fact there are no COVID restrictions like social distancing anymore, my guess is that you would be alright to turn up. 

It's just a guess though.

midgen 11 Aug 2022
In reply to Levy_danny:

I've been a couple times post-pandemic and just turned up, I don't think there's any expectation of booking. 

OP Levy_danny 11 Aug 2022
In reply to Levy_danny:

Thanks both, I haven't booked before it's just the wording on the website through me off a bit. 

OP Levy_danny 14 Aug 2022
In reply to Levy_danny:

By way of an update we pulled in and pitched our tents oblivious to a no vacancies sign on the gate (completely honest mistake would admit if otherwise) and the guy let us stay when we paid up later. He said the issue was that there wasn’t enough room for cars (there was still quite a bit of space in the field for tents even when everyone had arrived In the evening) and because we car shared I think it worked in our favour. I don’t think I’d risk again on a similar weekend without persevering and booking though for peace of mind. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...