UKC

LUUMC Journal Launch Party - revival of old magazine!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sahara 04 Oct 2022

I posted a few weeks ago on here about my endeavour in relaunching the Leeds University Climbing Society magazine, the Journal, and was met with such an overwhelmingly positive response! I want to thank everyone for their responses and for the time of the people I spoke to. 

The Journal (Vol I, 2022) has now reached completion and we are releasing it this coming 15th October! I am writing this post to gauge the level of interest amongst LUUMC (or LUUCC) alumni and other Leeds/West Yorkshire climbers on buying the magazine. We have a really exciting line up, ranging from a feature piece on women in climbing, articles written by current members about their summer trips and 8b sport climbing at Malham, an interview with the GB climber Max Milne, and a plethora of artwork/photography by members of the society (there's such a breadth of talent within the club, we really wanted to celebrate the creative side of the Leeds climbing scene which has been blossoming recently). 

We will be hosting a launch party for the magazine at a pub in Leeds in the week commencing 17th Oct (date and time tbc) and I would like to invite anyone who is LUUMC alumni, please just get in touch so I can put your name on the guest list. We will sell copies of the magazine and our posters at the launch and are currently figuring out the best way of selling for those who can't make it to the launch - any suggestions are welcomed. 

For more info please get in touch - I'm best reached at luumc.socialmedia@gmail.com or 07714 204357

Sahara

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...