UKC

Wadi Rum - guiding companies?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alun 16 Oct 2022

Hi all,

Does anybody have any recommendations for a decent guide (or company) to climbing in Wadi Rum?

I'll be there for a single day next month, on a family trip, and I'd like to get out for a morning/afternoon to do a route or two. I've read the UKC article from a few years ago (https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/destinations/wadi_rum_-_a_desert_sandst...) and it looks like there are several accessible routes close by to the village.

I'll only be taking boots and chalkbag, maybe a harness. So essentially what I need is a guide/company that can provide gear and take me up a route or two. Preferably somebody who I can trust is going to be safe.

Any recommendations gratefully received! 

Inhambane 16 Oct 2022
In reply to Alun:

Local wadi rum guides will have gear to use but I don't know any locals who will guide multipitch trad. They can guide you up Bedouin routes though. 

Try shabab Sahara see what they say if not then there are definitely multipitch guides who live in Amman. Let me know if you need some WhatsApp numbers 

Post edited at 18:41
 rachelpearce01 16 Oct 2022
In reply to Alun:

Mike ‘twid’ turner is there from 12 November until the 3rd December 

OP Alun 17 Oct 2022
In reply to Alun:

Thanks both. I have emailed Shabab Sahra but not heard back yet. 

Unfortunately I will be out the week before the 12th!

kevinegan 17 Oct 2022
In reply to Inhambane:

I will be in Amman for a few weeks in late November and December (dates not confirmed yet). Could you share some contact details for guides?

Also happy to hook up with others that are there around that time. Let me know if interested.

Inhambane 17 Oct 2022
In reply to kevinegan:

Marwan Maayta is a guide based in Amman. Find him on Instagram 

kevinegan 17 Oct 2022
In reply to Inhambane:

Nice one. Found him. Thank you!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...