UKC

Mildew on thermarest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam Beaton 23 Nov 2022

I've managed to get mildew on my thermarest. What's the best way to get rid of it? Cheers

Removed User 23 Nov 2022
In reply to Sam Beaton:

A mixture of piss and baking soda.

James Malloch 23 Nov 2022
In reply to Sam Beaton:

I used some horrible bleach type spray on mine (similar to Dettol Mould and Mildew remover).

I lay it flat. Sprayed it, wiped/scrubbed it. Sprayed it, left it for a while, wiped it and cleaned it. Turned it over and did the other side. 

Didn't seem to have any bad effects on it for me. It is nice and shiny and yellow again.

crayefish 23 Nov 2022
In reply to Sam Beaton:

I got some black mildew on mine about 4 years ago.  Cleaned it but it still has black stains.  It hasn't got worse I just have that side facing down now 🤷‍♂️

OP Sam Beaton 23 Nov 2022
In reply to James Malloch:

That's good to know, thanks. I did think something with bleach in would do the best job but wasn't sure if it would damage it or not.

RR 24 Nov 2022
In reply to Sam Beaton:

McNett Mirazyme takes the smell way and stops the grows the fungies.

philipivan 24 Nov 2022
In reply to Sam Beaton:

I read that as mildew on thermostat. Everyone seems to be obsessed with heating these days. I chucked out my tent that had mildew, but hopefully thermarest might be fixable. Could you try Milton, that seems to fix drinking bladders. 

OP Sam Beaton 24 Nov 2022
In reply to philipivan:

Milton's website says it can be used to treat mould on tents so I think I'll try that before something stronger, ta

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...