UKC

What's happened to Unparallel?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris_r 15 Mar 2023

After 5.10 managed to ruin both their pinks and their blancos, I thought I'd been saved by Unparallel. I've now been through a few of their Up Laces.

Now they have stopped taking orders for new shoes, and UK supplied of their climbing boots look to be running out. Anyone know what's happened? Is this a temporary supply issue, or do I need to psyche myself up for the ordeal of finding a replacement?

jezb1 15 Mar 2023
In reply to chris_r:

No idea but Outside seem to have lots in stock.

Mini Mansell 15 Mar 2023
In reply to chris_r:

https://www.unparallelsports.com/product-category/climbing/

interesting

currently unable to fullfill orders!

jezb1 15 Mar 2023
In reply to Mini Mansell:

From that link:

“We are not taking orders at the moment due to supply issues. We hope to be taking orders again soon.”

climber34neil 15 Mar 2023
In reply to jezb1:

That's from their US based website. Buy direct from dark ventures, UK distributor either on line or visit the showroom in Chesterfield. Plenty of stock by the looks of it.

https://darkventures.co.uk/unparallel-2-c.asp

CantClimbTom 15 Mar 2023
In reply to chris_r:

Unlike say the sole of a pair of wellies, which can be largely syntehtic, climbing shoes need a particular high grade of rubber.

For a few years now people have been warning about supply/production issues with the underlying rubber caused by increased demand (China) and perversely... ruinously low prices for the farmers especially the smaller ones. Rubber commodities are largely price driven by Shanghai. There were some hiccups in the supply this time last year and I think? this time the year before as well.

I wonder if Unparallel are experiencing supply issues around their RS and VD rubbers?

OP chris_r 15 Mar 2023
In reply to CantClimbTom:

> Unlike say the sole of a pair of wellies, which can be largely syntehtic, climbing shoes need a particular high grade of rubber.

Climbing in wellies you say? Now that could be useful given my tendency for imprecise heel hooks.

OP chris_r 15 Mar 2023
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Thanks! Sounds like they're having a few problems. Hope they sort it out as I love their boots.

Thanks to anyone who has shared links (Outside and Dark Ventures). Unfortunately neither of them (or anyone else) seem to have the LV Ups in stock to fit my child-like size 6 feet. 

Hoping they get back in production before I wear out my last pair. 

climber34neil 16 Mar 2023
In reply to chris_r:

Give dark ventures a call, speak to pat,  he will know what's going on and possibly source something for you.

Mini Mansell 16 Mar 2023
In reply to chris_r:

Phone. Foundry Climbing in Sheffield

there are size 6 Ups  on the shelf (i looked last night)

Jackspratt 16 Mar 2023
In reply to chris_r:

The uk supplier is just awaiting a large restock, nothing to worry about. Climbing is growing very rapidly so probably just a case of struggling to keep up with demand at the moment. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...