UKC

Leather gloves aftercare

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fire_munki 25 Mar 2023

I've got a pair of the yellow leather "I wish I had the skills to be a guide" gloves which could probably do with a bit of love after walk ins, rope work and scuffing over rocks.

Granger g wax sounds like it would do the job, leather is pretty much just leather isn't it?

Any other products I should use instead?

AlanLittle 25 Mar 2023
In reply to fire_munki:

Anything beeswax based will do the job. Apparently proper guides and other winter creatures pre-heat the gloves to 50° or so in the oven first to get it so soak in better - I content myself with just leaving them on a radiator for a few hours.

Phil1919 25 Mar 2023
In reply to fire_munki:

I have a pair of leather gardening gloves and use 3 in 1 oil which keeps them supple and a bit more watertight.

StevieH 26 Mar 2023
In reply to fire_munki:

I’ve used liquid nic wax rubbed into a wet pair of leather work gloves which works pretty well.

timparkin 26 Mar 2023
In reply to StevieH:

> I’ve used liquid nic wax rubbed into a wet pair of leather work gloves which works pretty well.

Likewise on a pair of Rab Guide gloves and they're a lot better.. does darken them somewhat though (if you care)

Rampart 26 Mar 2023
In reply to Phil1919:

>  3 in 1 oil

Also good as a general body moisturiser...

mike123 26 Mar 2023
In reply to Rampart:

> >  3 in 1 oil

> Also good as a general body moisturiser...

And for gout 

Phil1919 28 Mar 2023
In reply to Rampart:

......  goes without saying.

tjin 29 Mar 2023

I just use generic leather grease. Just wear your gloves, stick a finger in the jar and pretend your using hand lotion. 

Andrew95 29 Mar 2023

I use the HS12 wax / cream, and that's only because I have some, if I had some other wax I would use that. Like you I kinda (and probably wrongly) assume leather is leather. 

99ster 29 Mar 2023
In reply to fire_munki:

Hestra Leather Balm.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...