UKC

Looking for instructor for advanced scrambling 1-2 July-Lake District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stu_adz 05 Apr 2023

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, I thought this would be the most suitable place.

I am looking for recommendations or to hear directly from any instructors that would be able to offer a 2 day advanced scrambling course in the Lake District from 1st to 2nd July for 3 people.

All three of us have the same level of experience - many years hiking and hillwalking and grade 1 scrambles.  Now wanting to learn rope techniques to safely tackle grade 2 +3 scrambles.  We only have standard kit you would take for a grade 1 scramble/day of hiking so would need to borrow harnesses, rope, helmets etc. from the instructor.

I have left messages with a couple of companies through google searches over the last couple of weeks but have not heard anything back unfortunately so thought to ask around on here.

Any help is much appreciated!

Stu

Katie-mo 05 Apr 2023
In reply to stu_adz:

Hi Stu,

I might be able to help. Send me a message by email or WhatsApp. If I cant do it I can see if there is anyone else available. 

https://www.ktclimbandmountaineering.com/

OP stu_adz 05 Apr 2023
In reply to Katie-mo:

Great thanks, have sent a whatsapp

C Witter 05 Apr 2023
In reply to stu_adz:

A bit off-topic, but can you lead belay? If not, you could begin the process indoors at a climbing wall so that you can focus on more interesting skills during the outdoor course. It might also be good to familiarise yourself with placing trad gear, if that is doable (e.g. if you have a friend that climbs), especially nuts and hexes. Scrambling roped involves learning quite a lot of different calculations, skills and techniques, so a head start on some of the basics might help you to get more out of your 2 days.

LucaC 06 Apr 2023
In reply to stu_adz:

If Katie can't accommodate you, any other MCI or higher qualified AMI members should be able to sort a suitable course for you. Try giving Si at https://www.lakelandascents.co.uk a call.

Alternatively, the scrambling is much better in North Wales... 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...