UKC

NEW ROUTE CARD: Glas Bheinn and Eas a' Chual Aluinn, Scotland's highest waterfall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
While it's not a particularly big hill - especially given the high start from the road - Glas Bheinn rises on the edge of some inspiringly wild country, a knobbly chaos of rock and lochans tumbling northwards towards the deep trench of Glen Coul. Here you'll find Eas a' Chual Aluinn, Britain's highest waterfall. An impressive destination in its own right (use the route description below, then just reverse it), the falls are possibly best combined with a longer circuit of the hill. This is not a big day in terms of distance, but rough going all the way, and with an isolated edge that makes it more of a challenge than it might look on paper.

8.08 miles, 13 km, 826m ascent, 5:30 – 6:30 hours. Ullapool

Read more

pasbury 26 May 2023
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Cracking area, there's an especially wild and remote feel to the hills around loch Glencoul and east of the A894. Also I had the best langustine I've ever eaten at the Kylesku Hotel and camped on their front lawn in return for extensive patronage of the bar. The hotel appears to have gone a bit up-market since I was there about 25 years ago!

Lankyman 26 May 2023
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

One day I want to go and explore that 'wild and wrinkly ground' and see those falls. The network of stalkers' tracks on the OS map always intrigued me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...