UKC

Antihydral Cream in the UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BenF2001 18 Jul 2023

Basically for an upcoming trip I'm trying to get my skin as tough as possible and have been looking at using some antihydral stuff. From what I've seen methenamie is the strongest and best? stuff to go for. Ive found the rhino skin stuff as well as some other creams that seems mega expensive and was wondering if there's a cheaper solution.

MelvinWaggg 18 Jul 2023
In reply to BenF2001:

Rhino skin tip juice is the strongest stuff you can buy, 12% methenamine I think https://www.rhinoskinsolutions.com/product/mikeys-tip-juice/. There is a cream talked about just called antihydral with 13% methenamine https://squamishclimbingmagazine.ca/antihydral-skin-doping-for-climbers/ but you have to get it shipped. Not sure if there's cheaper stuff with the same concentrations!

I've used tip juice and was happy with the results!

Alkis 18 Jul 2023
In reply to MelvinWaggg:

I used to import Antihydral from Germany, I dunno how that is these days with Brexit, haven’t done it since Rhino was released, I just use Dry and Performance in copious amounts instead.

MelvinWaggg 18 Jul 2023
In reply to Alkis:

Did you notice a big different between Antihydral and rhino skin stuff? The numbers seem trivially different but some people swear by Antihydral it seems.

Alkis 18 Jul 2023
In reply to MelvinWaggg:

No. The main difference is that it’s easier to leave antihydral on for longer, because it’s more of a thick paste.

midgen 18 Jul 2023
In reply to BenF2001:

I'd just get some Antihydral if you can. I got 5+ years ago and use it regularly, pretty sure it'll be at least another 5 before it runs out. Admittedly I was living in Germany at the time and it only cost 4 euros or something, but even at 20 quid or whatever it costs here, it's good value.

If you have sweaty soft skin, it'll give you a grade for free! You need to use it as part of a regime and sand down any excessively dry skin, and do not get it in the cracks in your skin.

Arms Cliff 18 Jul 2023
In reply to BenF2001:

Antihydral still available via Amazon by the looks of it. Not sure how this compares to the Rhino stuff price wise, but as noted above, even with regular use one tube will last several years 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Robugen-Antihydral-Climbers-Hyperhidrosis-Sweaty/d...

petegunn 18 Jul 2023
In reply to BenF2001:

I've got a few from an online German website, ordered 4 tubes and dont remember having to pay anything extra for importing, worked out about £6 a tube.

For me antihydral is the only stuff that works, the rhino stuff even with several applications a week doesn't seem to do anything (apart from turn your skin yellow if you get it in between your fingers!) I've got very sweaty tips though - can literally squeeze moisture out of them. I went up a grade from 7b to 7c as I no longer greased off the holds.

MischaHY 19 Jul 2023
In reply to MelvinWaggg:

Tip Juice is only 8% IIRC. Either way it's far less effective than antihydral. I have the same experience as Pete that for very sweaty hands it works far better. For me it's the difference between being able to hang 6mm edges easily or not even being able to pull on. Huge performance enhancer. 

GravitySucks 19 Jul 2023
In reply to MischaHY:

Tip Juice 12% Methenamine, Antihydral 13%  Methenamine

Which ever one works for you

Iamgregp 19 Jul 2023
In reply to BenF2001:

Have you tried surgical spirit?  Toughens up skin faster than anything else I've ever used...

Alkis 19 Jul 2023
In reply to MischaHY:

Interesting! For me, both tip juice and 13% cream, and even dry if I use too much for too long, can dry my skin too much, enough to be dry firing off things. That said, my climbing partner who has super sweaty hands swears by Antihydral, I gave him all of mine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...