UKC

Bristol The Church lead route lengths

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bpmclimb 16 Aug 2023

Does anyone happen to know the rope length needed to climb the longest lead routes at The Church in Bristol? They're closed for refurb so I can't ask them directly. I'm just deciding where to cut a longer rope. Thanks.

wjcdean 16 Aug 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

30m is fine for all

smbnji 16 Aug 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

I've always found it odd that walls don't have this information on their website, seems pretty key!

OP bpmclimb 16 Aug 2023
In reply to wjcdean:

> 30m is fine for all

Thanks. Actually, I was hoping to find out if a slightly shorter length would suffice (as it does at Redpoint and Boulders).

Pedro50 16 Aug 2023
In reply to smbnji:

> I've always found it odd that walls don't have this information on their website, seems pretty key!

I asked our local wall which is pretty high, they said 60m, 50m would have been fine.

knighty 16 Aug 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

I've climbed there with a 25m rope with no worries. Even when cut down to ~22-23m it is just long enough for the longest routes there.

OP bpmclimb 16 Aug 2023
In reply to knighty:

> I've climbed there with a 25m rope with no worries. Even when cut down to ~22-23m it is just long enough for the longest routes there.

Thanks, that's helpful - means the other bit of a 70m is useful for a wider selection of crags

wjcdean 16 Aug 2023
In reply to wjcdean:

yeah i imagine 25 would just about be okay, just pay attention lowering as you'll run out if you stand too far from the wall, which is tempting on the more overhanging walls. (sorry if patronising)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...