UKC

Seeking medic to treat a foot injury

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete_Frost 17 Oct 2023

Can anyone send me details of a physio or podiatrist who has successfully treated sesamoiditis in a rock climber?

Thanks

bpmclimb 20 Oct 2023
In reply to Pete_Frost:

Unusually specific post, presumably why 278 views and no replies! I have been watching with interest to see if anyone replied  

Good luck with your search, anyway.

obanish 20 Oct 2023
In reply to Pete_Frost:

Couldn't the person who diagnosed it?

mrjonathanr 20 Oct 2023
In reply to Pete_Frost:

Dave Macleod has blogged about this. Why don’tt you contact him?

https://www.davemacleod.com/

OP Pete_Frost 20 Oct 2023
In reply to bpmclimb:

Thanks! Apparently this is an increasingly common injury although I'd never heard of the sesamoid bones until I damaged mine.

In reply to mrjonathanr:

Thanks, I'll check Dave's blog.

In reply to Pete_Frost:

hi Pete - so strange, I had a patient with this earlier in the year, then got it myself! I have successfully treated myself and have some other advice I could offer - too much to put on here. Drop me a line if you’d like an informal chat or an assessment. Feel free to DM me your mobile and I’ll call you. 

Isi 

In reply to Isabelle Booker: the other thing I find weird and funny (not that sesamoiditis is funny) is I used to hate feet with a passion and now because of my own ‘foot journey’ I love treating them and looking at foot and ankle biomechanics 🤷‍♀️😂

In reply to Isabelle Booker:

Thank you so much for replying! I mis-read your reply and have used UKC to send you an e-mail - let me know if you get that OK. I'll try to DM my mobile number to you now.

Myfyr Tomos 20 Oct 2023
In reply to Isabelle Booker:

You sorted mine. Ever grateful. 😛😍

mchardski 16 Nov 2023
In reply to Pete_Frost:

Your post may have helped me figure out my injury, perhaps i have damaged my sesamoid bones. About 18 months ago I was on an easy alpine route when i booted the rock hard thinking it was snow, (i was looking over my shoulder talking to my belayer) and hurt my big toe, i gave out a very large yelp at the time but then it was fine for the rest of the day.  It was fine for next couple weeks then suddenly was really sore and depending on what shoes i wore i could hardly walk on it.  For a few weeks i had to go about in my mountain boots all day.   It still isn't better although it doesn't actually stop me doing anything but is still a bit swollen and I feel it when i manipulate the toe and when standing on small edges climbing.  A little concerned it could become arthritic and not sure if i should do anything about it.  

loose overhang 17 Nov 2023
In reply to Pete_Frost:

I don't want this part of the forum to become medicalized, but this seems to be the only forum where I can talk about my toes.  They are often inflamed.  Until last December they were fine.  I caught Covid twice.  Last October, and this September.  Both times traveling or being with a person who has traveled.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...