UKC

Does Rockfax auto update when new versions are released?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drchop 23 Oct 2023

If not how do we update these?

Graeme Hammond 23 Oct 2023
In reply to drchop:

They don't on my android phone, any crags with an update show with green box and white arrows  update symbol icon next to them which you just click if you want to update to the latest version

OP drchop 23 Oct 2023
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Thanks for this.  It isn't very clear in the app or in their communications whether it's automatic or how to if not.  Is the green box and white arrows in the Installed section or from within the topos, just so I know what to look out for?

Graeme Hammond 23 Oct 2023
In reply to drchop:

It appears in the white space to the right of a crag name on the home screen list of installed crags, or instead of the download or bin symbols in the install section but not anywhere within the topos or individual crag pages that i have seen

OP drchop 23 Oct 2023
In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Thanks for this!!  Good to know!!

remus Global Crag Moderator 23 Oct 2023
In reply to drchop:

I think it's worth distinguishing between the app itself and the crags that you've downloaded via the app.

The app itself will typically auto-update when new versions are released (unless this is something you have disabled on your phone)

as Graham said, the topos on the app won't update unless you specifically tell it to. I've attached a pic of what the update button looks like. These are currently pending an update for me because I had the old topos downloaded, then the new version of peak bouldering has recently been released which means new versions of those topos are available.

Luke90 23 Oct 2023
In reply to remus:

Does the app still block you from opening a crag if it has a pending update that you haven't downloaded yet? Caught me out annoyingly a couple of times when I thought I had a crag downloaded and available then got to the crag and found my phone had caught enough signal at some point to realise there was an update available but now couldn't manage to download it.

In reply to Luke90:

Hi Luke,

Is this still occouring on the latest version of the app? That sounds like a bug. I've heard of people having issues updating before, however these issues should now be fixed in the latest version of the app.

If you're still having this issue let me know and I'll look into it when I can.

Cheers,
Martin

Luke90 23 Oct 2023
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Haven't experienced it for a long time, so it's entirely likely it's fully fixed. This thread just reminded me of the issue so thought I'd ask.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...