UKC

Icon display problems on UKC logbooks, forums and Rockfax app

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 24 Nov 2023

Is anyone else having funny issues with UKC not displaying correctly on their phone? When I'm using mobile data rather than wifi I just can't access the site with a privacy warning coming up, then when I do get to the site on wifi certain icons aren't displaying properly - the forum icons for instance, and the stars in the logbook. I'm even seeing some icons in the app that aren't displaying properly and photos not displaying of the books in the downloads tab or crags in a downloaded book.

4 month old Pixel 7a, running Android 14 if that's relevant.

Durkules 25 Nov 2023
In reply to TobyA:

Yes same issue here with the icons (Android 13 Chrome).

Tom Guitarist 25 Nov 2023
In reply to TobyA:

It wasn't working very well for me today, although I did drop and smash my phone looking at the app in advance of climb one of the day 😭

Pedro50 25 Nov 2023
In reply to TobyA:

Yep same issue Samsung S23.

Post edited at 17:12
 r0b 25 Nov 2023
In reply to TobyA:

Yep I'm missing the forum icons on Android/Chrome. Started yesterday I think

AndyC 25 Nov 2023
In reply to TobyA:

No icons in Edge on Windows 10 either! Just squares with a coloured outline - very minimalist!

Lankyman 26 Nov 2023
In reply to TobyA:

Just noticed icons are missing now on my laptop - Firefox browser. Not a problem on my phone.

ETA also star voting icons missing on photos

Post edited at 09:07
 AndyC 26 Nov 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

Possibly an access issue to the woff2 font file containing the icons...

Access to font at 'https://cdn.ukc2.com/bootstrap/fonts/fa-kit-f8a097af23.woff2?t=1674408019' from origin 'https://www.ukclimbing.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.

OP TobyA 26 Nov 2023
In reply to TobyA:

I actually tried to use the Logbooks whilst "in the field" (Owler Tor above  Lawrencefield) earlier today - and again couldn't even get on to UKC despite a solid 4G signal. What's going on UKC?

Probably unrelated, trying to use Peak Bouldering on the app today I noticed the map is all messed up. 

Lankyman 26 Nov 2023
In reply to AndyC:

Sorry, I've no idea what any of that means but it seems to be working now. Perhaps I just turned it off and on?

AndyC 27 Nov 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

Still no icons for me - the CORS error persists. If you are using a device where the icons are currently cached, you probably won't see the issue.

Pedro50 27 Nov 2023
In reply to AndyC:

Are the mods aware? Still ongoing here.

DaveHK 27 Nov 2023
In reply to TobyA:

Icons appearing on my android phone and on PC using chrome but not on chromebook.

In reply to TobyA:

Sorry, I'll fix the forum/logbook icons now. I've only had the issue when switching between our dev server and the live one before so I thought it was isolated to that.

This shouldn't be affecting Rockfax Digital, I'll ask the other dev's to look into that.

OP TobyA 27 Nov 2023
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Thanks Paul. Any ideas why there are the problems accessing UKC over mobile data on my phone sometimes?

In reply to TobyA:

> Any ideas why there are the problems accessing UKC over mobile data on my phone sometimes?

This is an incredible annoying issue O2 mobile with their infrastructure. Their DNS resolves ukclimbing.com to bing.com but it's very sporadic. We've been trying to get it resolved for months.

There are some solutions here: 
https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/off_belay/odd_ukc_x509_certificate_error-...

Basically, if you use a private DNS instead of O2's DNS then it works fine.

AndyC 27 Nov 2023
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Icons are back - thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...