UKC

Cabin bag rucksack ice axe loops

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 topee 05 Jan 2024

Looking to replace my old Osprey rucksack. Looking for the largest size I can use on EasyJet (56x45x25) must have two ice axe loops.

ag17 05 Jan 2024
In reply to topee:

I think Lochaber Mountain Design would make one in a custom size for you:

https://lochabermountaindesign.co.uk/alpine-rucksack/

ebdon 05 Jan 2024
In reply to topee:

I've never had a problem taking bigger bags, that aren't at capacity, so they still fit when squashed or just making them look smaller by tightening compression straps etc....

donuthead8 06 Jan 2024
In reply to ebdon:

I did exactly that recently. Got my Helmet, harness, rock shoes, big I pad plus a few other bits in my old 40litre montane pack. I did take out stiff back bit in rucksack, compressed  it fitted perfectly under seat.

OP topee 06 Jan 2024
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Thanks Andy, looks good.

OP topee 06 Jan 2024
In reply to ag17:

Thanksag17, hadn’t heard of them, will look into it.

OP topee 06 Jan 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Thanks Ebdon. Have been a bit nervous about trying this but seems to be okay which opens up a lot more choice.

OP topee 06 Jan 2024
In reply to donuthead8:

Thanks donuthead, following your and ebdon s experience I feel lot more comfortable with a 40 ish later sac.

AlanLittle 06 Jan 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Same here. I just use my Vaude Croz 48 (great rucksack, sadly no longer made) with the lid and hipbelt off and straps pulled tight. Never had a problem flying with it.

I find rucksacks that are specifically designed to meet cabin luggage limits, like the DMM Flight 45, just that little bit too small to use as a general purpose cragging bag. (And no ice axe loops)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...