UKC

Mountain King poles- still operating?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 18 Jan 2024

Does anyone know if they're they still in business? Their website is looking pretty wonky, social media hasn't been updated for ages and they haven't responded to emails. 

I'm looking for replacement pole sections but it looks like they might have gone tits up.

Cheers.

Post edited at 19:19
 msandersx1 18 Jan 2024
In reply to DaveHK:

Don't know if they're still in business but I am selling a pair of their poles (125cm Fixed) if that's of any interest?

Mark

OP DaveHK 18 Jan 2024
In reply to msandersx1:

Nice try. No thanks.

ag17 18 Jan 2024
In reply to DaveHK:

I too thought they had shutdown, but a couple of days ago I noticed that Ultralight Outdoor Gear sell Mountain King poles, so they may be able to help with spares.

In reply to DaveHK:

What up with that offer?

arose 22 Jan 2024
In reply to DaveHK:

Bought a set a year ago through Sportshoes.com.  Looks like they still have them.  Been really impressed with them

OP DaveHK 22 Jan 2024
In reply to arose:

> Bought a set a year ago through Sportshoes.com.  Looks like they still have them.  Been really impressed with them

Is it the carbon ones you've got? I keep snapping them and I've come to the conclusion they're just not burly enough for winter climbing use. 

arose 25 Jan 2024
In reply to DaveHK:

I've used mine loads in winter and in the cuillin.  I'm pretty harsh on poles (BD z poles are lucky to last 6 months).  I dont think mine are carbon though.  some sort of alloy.  they bend alarmingly if you really stack it onto them but always spring back (so far)

65 25 Jan 2024
In reply to DaveHK:

I’ve got the mega light carbon runners poles they do, I use them for hillwalking and backpacking a lot and so far they’ve survived at least two years. I stick to my old BD alloys for winter though.

Mrs 65 has carbon poles by Cimalp, French company. They’re built to take a fair beating but still very light. I’ll get a pair if my BD poles ever fail.

https://www.cimalp.co.uk/en/hiking-poles/five-section-carbon-poles-with-eas...

geordiepie 26 Jan 2024
In reply to 65:

my pal got a replacement section from them about 6 months ago so they were still going then.

Using the ultralight running poles for backpacking is going to result in snapped poles if you’re carrying weight. Better off with a burlier pair.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...