UKC

Winter mountaineering Women trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MariaJGlez 01 Feb 2024

Hi everyone!

Any idea or suggestion much appreciated!

I need a pair of trousers for winter mountaineering that are waterproof and windproof, non-insulated that are also resistant to scratch/ abrasion. I don't mind if there are men options as long as it can be adjust around the hips.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Maximusf 04 Feb 2024
In reply to MariaJGlez:

Mountain equipment do a good range of women's stuff, Rab aswell. I'm a guy so the fit might be different but I really like the mountain equipment tupilak pant. The braces mean they stay up even with a heavy harness and rucksack on. They have full length side zips for easy on and off, this is also beneficial for toilet trips this is worth bearing in mind as I've had 3/4 length side zips which are difficult to put on over boots. 

timparkin 05 Feb 2024
In reply to Maximusf:

It seems the Makalu and Saltoro are the most robust that comes in a short/long and in Rab the Eco Downpour and Kinetic Alpine seem the only ones that do short/long. It's a shame that the showcase products by both brands fail to provide multiple sizes.

CameronDuff14 07 Feb 2024
In reply to MariaJGlez:

If you can find them in stock anywhere the Simmond softshells decathlon do are a classic! Not particularly waterproof but easy to stick a cheap over trouser over if it gets truly minging 

shuffle 07 Feb 2024
In reply to MariaJGlez:

Mountain Equipment Ama Dablam are really good. I would try on before buying though - I needed a size up from usual to get a good fit. 

Maximusf 07 Feb 2024
In reply to timparkin:

Alot of brands do specific womens versions of the mens products this avoids having to go for a short leg length. Mountain equipment do a full range of womens mountaineering clothing almost mirroring the mens.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...