UKC

Current state/nature of France/Spain road protests?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BruceM 12 Feb 2024

I'm trying to get a handle on the current situation with the farmer protests in France and Spain. News reports indicate many have finished, but others suggest more have started.

I'm driving back to the UK from Spain later this week and trying to work out if I need to leave 1-2 days earlier than usual -- in case I end up parked in a paddock for 2 days.

Also if there is a roadblock on say an autoroute, I imagine the police or highway company will organize a diversion? Or are you forced to fend for yourself?

Does anybody know the current situation?

Cheers.

Doug 12 Feb 2024
In reply to BruceM:

Don't think there are any roadblocks in France at the moment,  at least there's nothing in the news.

OP BruceM 12 Feb 2024
In reply to Doug:

Thanks Doug. It's hard to tell as the English speaking news sites have lost interest. But if the French news companies aren't reporting anything, that's a good sign.

Enty 12 Feb 2024
In reply to BruceM:

Use this website here: https://www.vinci-autoroutes.com/fr/autoroutes-temps-reel/

Click the box on the left that says Peturbations and it will give you details of any incidents, obstructions etc.

E

OP BruceM 12 Feb 2024
In reply to Enty:

Excellent. Thanks. I haven't used that before.

Enty 12 Feb 2024
In reply to BruceM:

I drove back from Spain a couple of weeks ago at the back end of the week of protests. There was a diversion near Montpellier then around Nimes to Orange which added about an hour and a half to what was a 10h drive anyway so it wasn't too bad.

E

OP BruceM 12 Feb 2024
In reply to Enty:

Cheers Enty.

Sounds like more time out in the sunny mountains down here then.

Hasta luego.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...