UKC

Correcting frame rate on iPhone video ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 15 Feb 2024

I took a couple of videos of my kids skiing whilst I skied behind them using my sons iPhone .with a combination of gloves hands , fat fingers and ineptitude I managed to revord them in slow mo  . I’m guessing  that an app or web based software will be able to correct this ?any recommendations for software or an app to do this please ? I’ll set  my son off with the job 

Post edited at 17:23
 Si Witcher 15 Feb 2024
In reply to mike123:

if you've recorded the clips in the iOS slow mo mode, you can edit the speed directly on the phone using the default Camera / Photos app and change the clip to be all at normal speed by reducing the slow mo section down to zero.

Alex Riley 15 Feb 2024
In reply to Si Witcher:

Capcut

hokkyokusei 15 Feb 2024
In reply to mike123:

Ffmpeg. Can do anything. Steep learning curve though.

The Lemming 15 Feb 2024
In reply to mike123:

Just about any decent Editing Software should be able to convert your footage to a more reasonable frame rate.

You just need to know what the normal frame rate is for your phone/camera. I'm going to guess that its set to 30 frames per second, which is what most stuff is out of the box. Manufacturers like Apple assume that everybody lives in the USA where 30 frames per second is the norm.

When you use your editing software of choice, set the timeline to the frames per second that your phone normally uses. You then import your footage and change it from the frame rate you filmed to the timeline frame rate.

OP mike123 16 Feb 2024
In reply to mike123: thanks all . I’ll set him off with the job 

jezb1 16 Feb 2024
In reply to Si Witcher:

> if you've recorded the clips in the iOS slow mo mode, you can edit the speed directly on the phone using the default Camera / Photos app and change the clip to be all at normal speed by reducing the slow mo section down to zero.

This, it’ll only take a few seconds, no other software needed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...