UKC

2 man backpack-able tent options

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fire_munki 08 Mar 2024

I've just come back from being up above Invermoriston in my Alpkit Solo bivvy bag and with my legs directly in contact with the bag in sub zero temps it was cold with a capital cold. So I want a 2 person one I can carry next time I head out.

I've been leaning towards the Alpkit Tetri but while searching for reviews the Fjern Gökotta 2(https://www.fjern.equipment/products/gokotta-2-tent-thyme?variant=464650720...) popped up at Sports Pursuit. This is ~£80 more expensive but considerably lighter. I can't find any reviews of it but I do have some of their trousers which I like.

So my questions to the hive mind are: 

* Anybody got one and have an opinion

* Worth the extra cash to save a kilo or so

* Anything else recommend with that £220 being upper end of budget 

Post edited at 13:12
In reply to fire_munki:

Don't know much about Fjern or the tent, which looks rather like an MSR Hubba, but I would say that the inner has more mesh that I would like for winter camping.

mike123 09 Mar 2024
In reply to fire_munki: I’ve got a tetri and really rate it for build quality vs price  . I haven’t used it in full on winter conditions  but I would trust it . I got mine  in an alpkit sale and from casual observation the tents are always in thier sales so if you are in no rush I’d wait for the next one 

mike123 09 Mar 2024
In reply to mike123: just had a look it looks like they are £150 ? Get one . 

leon 1 09 Mar 2024
In reply to fire_munki:

If you`re looking at the Tetri its also worth having a look at these

Its the Amazon exclusive version of the Vango Helvellyn but more weatherproof and cheaper 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vango-Hydra-Trekking-Tent-Pine/dp/B08K8KK6Z3

5000mm Hydrostatic head as opposed to the 3000 Groundsheet + 2000 Fly on the Tetri

and the same design, very slightly lighter weight and size

Shameless advert here but If you are interested in that model I have a brand new unused one for sale @ £100 incl P+P

Unfortunately long term injury has buggered up all my plans so its time to sell

Post edited at 09:14
 leon 1 09 Mar 2024
In reply to leon 1:  My tent has now been sold but to the OP the Vango Hydras are well worth checking out against the Tetri

Good luck with it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...