UKC

Llandudno - no climbing at Easter?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi,

Llandudno has climbing restrictions over bank holidays it seems - which would include this Easter.  Is this observed / does it upset people?  I imagine the rule was put in lace for busy summer bank holidays, but don't want to try climb and get turned away or damage any access agreements 

Abr 27 Mar 2024
In reply to napoleon_dynamite:

It’s quite a while back but I used to climb there quite a bit….there’s often restrictions over certain periods due to increased numbers on the Marine drive. It was usually fine to climb anywhere below the road etc…

jezb1 27 Mar 2024

Don't break the restrictions. It's a super public place, assuming you're on about the Orme and it would be rubbish to create any issues for some of the best sport in N Wales.

There's plenty of Orme crags not restricted, LPT and Sticky Mix for example.

Si Witcher 27 Mar 2024

Yes, still enforced, for crags above the road during daytime hours on Bank Holidays (until 6pm). Bouldering at Parisellas and routes at Mumbo Jumbo is ok though. Check the BMC RAD if you're not sure. Rockfall does land on the road every now and again, though usually not due to climbers activity.

Crags below the Marine Drive are ok for BH restrictions, but subject to tides and some nesting restrictions:

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/View.aspx?id=830

climber34neil 27 Mar 2024

Head to worlds end, dimbren etc great climbing there and still not that far from the seaside, don't have to worry about great orme restrictions?

Thanks for the responses.  I didn't realise that the lower sections were okay, looks like high tide around lunchtime this weekend though so quite disruptive to the day. 

Cheers for the alternative suggestions - while trad is usually our thing, we are hoping to get some sport in pre trip.  Will check out what other N Wales limestone is available! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...