UKC

FS: Black Diamond Mens Airnet harness

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Adam Lincoln (user since 17/Oct/00) 23 Apr 2024
Price: £90.00

excellent condition, only worn handful of times

light as a feather!

medium

https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_GB/product/airnet-harness-mens/?co...

bpmclimb 23 Apr 2024
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Hi Adam. I've been quite interested in the Airnet for a while now. I really rate my BD Zone which I've used a lot for a couple of years. Can I ask why you're selling - is there something you don't like about the Airnet? Thanks.

OP Adam Lincoln 23 Apr 2024

i think its a great harness and bought it for sport climbing but end up just using my regular bd harness most of the time so seems a shame to have this sat on the shelf

bpmclimb 26 Apr 2024

Just done some more research: looks like BD made some tweaks (to the gear loops) and there's a new model out for this year - presumably, the retail price on the link you posted is for the new model, but yours is the older model?

FYI banana fingers have the new model for £111.95. They had last year's for somewhat cheaper (around £100) but have sold out; some other sites appear to have the Airnet for around £100 (the older model, presumably).

In reply to bpmclimb:

No, the link i posted is the actual one i am selling. The new one is £160 on BD and so is the older version (As you put it)

Post edited at 09:23
 bpmclimb 23:58 Wed

> No, the link i posted is the actual one i am selling. The new one is £160 on BD and so is the older version (As you put it)

That's how the retailer described it when I asked - they're not my words. Is that description misleading in some way? How else would you put it?

In reply to bpmclimb:

> That's how the retailer described it when I asked - they're not my words. Is that description misleading in some way? How else would you put it?

Tbh, I have no idea what you are going on about or what your point is. It sounded like a round about kind of way to say mine was a bit on the expensive side as the new one is being released? The only difference is the colour as far as I can tell.

bpmclimb 10:06 Thu

Not a roundabout way of saying anything, no hidden point. Just trying to get to the bottom of exactly what model you're selling, and which models are more generally available and at what prices.

I was told that they'd changed the gear loops for this year's updated model, so unless that information is false, it's more than just colour.

In reply to bpmclimb:

funnily enough, the item I am selling is what's in the link I posted.... 

In reply to bpmclimb:

Who cares if they've changed the gear loops?! I've never put this much thought into what harness I should buy, maybe I'm going wrong...

bpmclimb 19:48 Thu
In reply to spidermonkey09:

> Who cares if they've changed the gear loops?! I've never put this much thought into what harness I should buy, maybe I'm going wrong...

Well, I suppose it's possible that they changed the gear loops on a whim

But it seems more likely that the newer ones are an attempt at an improvement .... no?

Re putting thought into it: I probably wouldn't think twice about it if buying a used harness for 20 quid or something. But a used harness for £90 (more than the cost of most new harnesses) makes me more inclined to try to find out exactly what I'm buying.

Anyway, despite my original genuine interest, it's moot now, because after a bit of research I've established that I can get the newest version, brand new, for under £100 (with BMC discount), so there's no way I'm going to consider paying £90 for the previous model .... second hand.

In reply to bpmclimb:

good effort getting the new version for less than £100. Can you please share your link to help everyone out.

bpmclimb 17:22 Fri

> good effort getting the new version for less than £100. Can you please share your link to help everyone out.

Do I detect some sarcasm here? It sounds like you don't believe you can get the harness new for that price, and I don't believe for a minute you want to "help everyone out" by making your own price look less good! However .....

FYI and for anyone else interested, banana fingers have the men's Airnet for £111.95, which comes out at £100.76 with a BMC 10% discount. They were good enough to answer my queries, and confirmed that £111.95 was for the newest 2024 version, and also told me that the older version was previously on sale at about £100 but that they'd sold out (the older version of the womens' Airnet is still available at that price).

If I decide to get the harness, I'm happy with the price I can get it for from BF. No way I'm going to buy a high-end harness, but get an older version, second-hand, from an individual, and take a bit of a punt on condition, just to save a tenner! It would have to be considerably cheaper.

In reply to bpmclimb:

FYI - the one BF are selling isnt the new one. the new one has Red on it. (BF have it listed wrong, the bd website is the correct colourversion) The one BF is selling is the same as mine. Like i said in my many messages. You just didnt listen. So you are buying the old one for that price. Whatever they told you.

As for condition, i said it was as new, and anyone thats bought off me on here will vouch for my descriptions. 

Anyway, good luck with the old version. Least its brand new though, in packaging.

Post edited at 17:47
 Rob Kelly 17:46 Fri
In reply to bpmclimb:

So you couldn't get it for less than £100? Also, BMC discount at banana fingers is only 5%. Adam's stuff is always spot on.

bpmclimb 18:41 Fri

> FYI - the one BF are selling isnt the new one. the new one has Red on it. (BF have it listed wrong, the bd website is the correct colourversion) The one BF is selling is the same as mine. Like i said in my many messages. You just didnt listen. So you are buying the old one for that price. Whatever they told you.

I did listen, I was just more inclined to trust the company that I know than an individual I don't. By the sound of it, you may be right about the wrong listing - I'll ask BF about it when I'm next in. The main thing for me still holds, though - that £90 isn't a particularly attractive price for a second-hand when I can get the same item new for £100 (give or take a quid or two). My original interest was genuine, but that was partly because you provided a link which made your price seem a good deal, but that £160 price tag had no real relevance (of course, being a RRP) to what prices were generally available.

In reply to bpmclimb:

> I did listen, I was just more inclined to trust the company that I know than an individual I don't. By the sound of it, you may be right about the wrong listing - I'll ask BF about it when I'm next in. The main thing for me still holds, though - that £90 isn't a particularly attractive price for a second-hand when I can get the same item new for £100 (give or take a quid or two). My original interest was genuine, but that was partly because you provided a link which made your price seem a good deal, but that £160 price tag had no real relevance (of course, being a RRP) to what prices were generally available.

Fair enough. Hope you like it. 

bpmclimb 18:56 Fri
In reply to Rob Kelly:

> So you couldn't get it for less than £100? Also, BMC discount at banana fingers is only 5%. Adam's stuff is always spot on.

Pointless pedantry!

I have enjoyed 10% at BF, perhaps that's being a local instructor too, I don't know. Ok, call it 5% and it comes to slightly over £100 at BF, but that doesn't materially affect the main point I've been making. And there are lots of other sites which have prices for the Airnet well under £100: with a quick search, I'm looking at five on the first page right now. I'm not going to check them all in the usual ways (stock, sizes, etc), because I've already found an acceptable price from a dealer I know, and would prefer to give them the custom. Knock yourself out, if you can be bothered.

Can someone please buy Adams harness so no one ever has to look at this thread again? If you think something is a bit spenny then haggle! Adam, I'll give you 20 quid for it. 

In reply to spidermonkey09:

> Can someone please buy Adams harness so no one ever has to look at this thread again? If you think something is a bit spenny then haggle! Adam, I'll give you 20 quid for it. 

too small for you 😉

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...