UKC

Dog walk wildlife

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 01 May 2024

From the last few days. I get up early, and do a good few hours before work. And the recent weather has been great! Whitethroats. The one amongst teasel was taken in very bright early morning sunlight, not pin sharp, but I like it. 

Post edited at 22:04

In reply to Bottom Clinger:

A few more.  

Post edited at 21:57

The Raven Vs carrion crow was yesterday evening, close to my house. 

A few from my lunch break, taken very close to the centre of Wigan. Grey wagtail and dipper. 

Great photos.

Saw my first of year Whitethroat today, and also the first Whinchat. Only one of each, but did hear several Sedge Warblers so they have returned up here.

Michael Hood 02 May 2024

Goldcrest, Whitethroat, Tree Sparrow, Goldcrest I presume (not 100% about first Goldcrest).

Saw first Blackcap yesterday (Irwell in Salford), heard 2 today.

First Redstart last Sunday in Lakes (Newlands valley)

First lots of things (Common Tern, Whitethroat - great views,  Sedge Warbler, RL Partridge - they walk in the road, Osprey, Egyptian Goose - just happen to be in a field when I backed up to a gate to see more partridge) at Eyebrook Res last Friday - magic 90 minutes early morning - bit south of Rutland Water - I used to go there lots in my youth. Several Kite about but that's now expected round there.

Anglesey this weekend - actually get to South Stack when the cliffs are full this time, and Northumberland next weekend to see puffins (wife likes them) and terns - hopefully including Roseate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...