UKC

Makers of old-style climbing vests/tanks?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

I have an old Stone Monkey climbing vest which I love to death, it's from the 90s at some point. It's made of a relatively heavy material and is cut very loosely, but it's really showing its age. I find modern climbing vests and tanks to be made of far lighter material and be far more form fitting, which I really don't like.

If anyone knows a company that still makes older-style vests, I'd be grateful for the tip! I occasionally find one in the charity shops or eBay or vinted but this isn't exactly sustainable in the long run.

Cheers!

kevin stephens 19 May 2024
In reply to Abowlofpetunias:

Yes indeed, I also find that tops which were once loose are now form fitting

Pbob 20 May 2024

I found something like you described at Sports direct. Adidas or something like that. Very solidly made. I think they were designed as 'muscle vest' type things which meant they were nice and baggy on me!

65 21 May 2024

Try bodybuilding suppliers. Loose vests with huge armholes to allow wing-like spreading of giant back muscles seem to be de rigeur.

Wooj 22 May 2024

I recently bought the moon stencil vest. I’m a large and the large is quite a loose fit on me. It’s not massively thick in the material but it’s a looser style and very comfy and I feel cooler (temperature not style) when wearing it rather than a form fitting top making me warm and hot. For reference I have a muscular frame, I’m not a skinny bean. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...