UKC

DWS Pembroke 10/11 July

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Matrixboy 06 Jul 2004
Where's this happening? Can't find any details on it at all...

Tried X1sports.com, no help there either.
In reply to Matrixboy: no help there?
its on teh site, go 2 events and it gives u all info u can get at moment, sign up 4 email and u will receive details b4 weekend, or at least i hope we will because i'm going and want 2 know where it is!!!
Matrixboy 06 Jul 2004
In reply to north country boy:
> its on teh site, go 2 events and it gives u all info

It's not there. Anyone?
 Simon Caldwell 06 Jul 2004
In reply to Matrixboy:
It is there, but only if you have the right combination of browser, plugins, security settings, etc. An excellent example of how not to design a website.
OP slimatwork 06 Jul 2004
In reply to Matrixboy: hope to get that email to, if not then we are heading to pembroke anyway and should be able to find out once down there, if not gonna climb anyway pembroke is ace
Matrixboy 06 Jul 2004
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Thanks, I guess I'll have to wait until I get home to check it out.
OP Trevor N 06 Jul 2004
In reply to Simon Caldwell: The info isn't on the sight (is it?). You are supposed to send them an e-mail requesting the info and they will send it to you on the 8th.
 Paddy Duncan 06 Jul 2004
In reply to Simon Caldwell:
> (In reply to Matrixboy)
> It is there, but only if you have the right combination of browser, plugins, security settings, etc. An excellent example of how not to design a website.

Sounds like an excellent example of how not to design an event too...
Or did I miss the point, is the event illegal or something?
 Simon Caldwell 06 Jul 2004
In reply to Trevor N:
The detailed info isn't there, but general details are, including how to register to get sent the details.
But not everyone can see any of it - strangely, I can at work but not at home.
Mike W 06 Jul 2004
In reply to Matrixboy: E.mail passwords will be sent in the next day or so to everyone that registered on the X1 site.
Info will be available Thursday afternoon on the X1 site.
The event is being kept low profile to reduce the amount of DWS rubbernecking.
IT WILL GO OFF!
bex not logged on 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Mike W:

Oh coz there's all sorts of rumours about it being cancelled due to the weather - so its definitely still on is it? Need to sort out camping etc.
 Jus 07 Jul 2004
In reply to bex not logged on:

the gales are only gonna effect the south east apparently...
OP Jimbo Jet 07 Jul 2004
Hey I plan to go to Pembroke this weekend and really would like to avoid this whole DWS fiasco. If you must organise mass outdoor events could you please publish details well in advance so that the majority of climbers can exercise their right to avoid you at all costs. I think this is only fair given that the majority of climbers have no wish to see the outdoors exploited in the way that these festivals are organised.

Before you say it I am not going to sign up to the X1 website for event details. The last thing I would want to do is to add my name to such an abomination to our sport.
OP Mike W 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Jimbo Jet: I can Guarantee Jimbo that the site and its abominal climbers will not effect your space at any point this weekend.
Have fun though, whilst exploiting the outdoors in your own way...
OP Jimbo Jet 07 Jul 2004
Thank you, I will.

exploiting the outdoors for quiet sustainable enjoyment is one thing.

exploiting the outdoors for the profile of your company, for your sponsors, and for the few climbers you 'market' is quite another thing altogether.
OP Anonymous 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Jimbo Jet:

Cheer up. It's only climbing.
bex not logged on 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Jimbo Jet:

yah boo sucks to you

why don't you go to a kids party and burst all their ballons while you are at it?

:-]
trolly 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Jimbo Jet: dont be a tit
 BennyBoy 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Jimbo Jet: HA Ha Jimbo has got a beard and likes Labradors. . . . in a very special way.
Jim do you drink you own urine??
dylan burgess 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Jimbo Jet: tell you what jimbo you missed the folk festival in alcester they all had beards including the women with their real ale and goats cheese breath i think you would have fitted in well there you gimp!!!!
 BennyBoy 07 Jul 2004
In reply to dylan burgess: Dyl dude I can't believe this guy! he obviously smokes a pipe and not a crack pipe.
OP save exclamation marks 07 Jul 2004
In reply to dylan burgess:

Dylan!!!!!! Save the exclamation marks!!!!!! Don't get sooo excited about DWS!!!!!!!!! Calm down boy!!!!!!!!!!

loser
 BennyBoy 07 Jul 2004
In reply to save exclamation marks: Get off bummer boy... yaawn
OP i'm mature enough to grow b 07 Jul 2004
In reply to BennyBoy: Have you asked your mum for permission BennyBoy? It's a long way from home. Will she let you go on your ownsome?

BennyBoy 07 Jul 2004
In reply to i'm mature enough to grow b: Naa she's gonna b there aswell selling knitting needles and KY to freaks like your self. Lay off the drugs you will regret it when you come round.
OP wasters 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Matrixboy:

Now you know why people don't want to be near Pembroke when a load of over-the-top, obdurate cretins are in the area.

BennyBoy 07 Jul 2004
In reply to wasters: Come on show your self stop hyding wimp!
OP Anonymous 07 Jul 2004
In reply to wasters:

rather take my chances with over the top odurate cretins than bump into a load of grumpy soporific morons.
In reply to wasters: go and groom your beard you utter toss pot! You obviusly do have goat cheese breath! Go and hang round chasing young boys or what ever you do go and top rope a moderate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(exclamation marks just for you how about using your real name)
 BennyBoy 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Anonymous: ooooo you are so mean big words this shows you spend all your time on sites like this because you dont fit in with normal folk unless they eat cheese and drink home brew and grow beards. I pitty you!
In reply to BennyBoy: i think 'save exclamation marks/i'm mature enough to grow a b/ wasters or whatever he's gonna respond to next has gone to look for boys its coming up to home time
 BennyBoy 07 Jul 2004
In reply to dylan burgess: Yeah he has a hunger for bottoms and young ones at that.
OP Jimbo Jet 07 Jul 2004
In reply to BennyBoy:

Ethics of outdoor mass events aside,if my mind wasn't made up already you guys have certainly reinforced the view that the DWS event is for cretins.
 Wilbur 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Jimbo Jet:

as opposed to your uncretinous wide-minded view of the climbing world
OP Anonymous 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Jimbo Jet:

well. scurry off up to scotland and stick your head in a muddy HS crack, so we don't have to listen to anymore of your tedious dronings. There's a good fellow.
 BennyBoy 07 Jul 2004
In reply to Jimbo Jet: Bless you no how to make enemies Jimbo I am a leather lovin gimp Jet
In reply to BennyBoy: i bet jimbo still wears eb's and a whillans sit harness and one of those stupid jumpers with patches on the elbows dont you!! Oh and by any chance do you drive a volvo estate. Your just upset cuz the only routes you can do are gonna be used up as down climbs for the dws comps see ya in pembroke Granddad!
OP another cretin 08 Jul 2004
In reply to Jimbo Jet: now now gramps go and scare little children away and tell some war stories

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...